Do you own a dog? There is a good chance that you do if you are reading this post. Perhaps you are a brand new dog owner or perhaps a seasoned veteran….whatever the case you should know some of these simple but important tips in caring for you four legged friend.
1. Using metal water dishes outside in winter may be a risk, because your pet’s tongue could stick to the frozen metal. In the summer, metal bowls can get very hot and burn your dog.
2. If you have a puppy that pees on your carpet: After soaking up most of the mess with a paper towel, sprinkle a generous amount of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) over the area and leave it to absorb both the traces of urine and the odor.
3. If your dog runs away from you and you finally catch up to it, no matter how angry you are at the dog, do not yell or smack it or your dog will never come to you when called for fear of being punished.
4. Do not leave your dog unattended on a choke chain. The chain could get caught and strangle the dog.
5. Do not leave your dog in the car unattended on hot days. Even with the windows open, temperatures in cars WILL reach deadly levels. It only takes five minutes! If you see a dog locked in a very hot car do something to try and help it before it’s too late.
Continue to the next page to read the next 5